The UP Healthy Relationships programme is for anyone who wants to know to create, manage and sustain healthy relationships in their lives. It is a unique programme of training for adults, who may be interested individuals, or clients of organisations such as housing associations, charities or social services.
UP can deliver the programme, or can train someone in your organisation to delver it to the people you work with. The programme will be accredited for Continuing Professional Development by the Open College Network.
The course contains
three modules and can be delivered as 3 x 1 day sessions or 6 x half-day sessions.
- MODULE ONE: Emotional relationships
- MODULE TWO: Psychological relationships
- MODULE THREE: Physical relationships.
The learning outcomes include:
- Raising awareness of what healthy and unhealthy relationships are, and how emotional, psychological and physical elements affect this
- Building understanding and confidence around how to influence positive changes in relationships – both your own and others
- Understanding how emotions trigger thoughts and behaviours
- Being able to make a plan to build and sustain healthy relationships
For further information and to discuss how UP can help you, please get in touch.
Female Genital Mutilation (FGM)
This three-hour training session is for charities, youth groups, schools, health providers, public sector workers and anyone else who wants to know about Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) in their communities.
The course covers:
- What is FGM? Who does it and why?
- Who is at risk of FGM?
- What are the health risks?
- What does the law say about FGM
- Recognising signs
- What you can do, and who you can contact for support.
For further information and to discuss how Up can help you, please get in touch.
Get in touch
If you would like more information about our Adult training projects, please contact us.