UP is developing a Domestic Abuse Aware award for local employers.
The award will be given when
- Managers have completed a domestic abuse awareness course
- The organisation has appointed a domestic abuse champion, and equipped them with skills and information to know how to work with staff who wish to disclose incidents of domestic abuse
- The organisation has adopted a domestic abuse awareness policy, based on UP’s model policy but tailored to reflect the organisation’s own circumstances, and reviewed its own policies around issues such as sickness absence and time to attend medical appointments to ensure domestic abuse issues are incorporated
- All staff have received information about domestic abuse and local services, and been told about the role of the organisation’s Champion
- The organisation has signed UP’s Domestic Abuse Awareness pledge
- The organisation has committed to providing updated refresher training every three years (minimum) and making sure all new workers receive domestic abuse information
Get in touch
For further information and to discuss how Up can help you, please contact us.